Watch the February 2016 Winning Novel
Watch INTO AUTUMN Transcript Reading:
Performed by Kaleb Alexander
Get to know writer Larry Landgraf:
1. What is your novel about?
A chilling account of how Lars Lindgren and Eileen Branson must change in order to survive when all of humanity is forced into desperate survival mode after the grid shuts down and the economy crumbles. Strong believable characters, in gravely realistic scenarios sure to make some squeamish. This novel is rated R for sex and violence.
2. Why should this novel be read by people?
Most people refuse to believe that a catastrophic failure of society as we know it could happen. And if it should happen, most are not certain what that might mean to them. Into Autumn is a realistic scenario of what might, could, happen at a moments notice in the very near future. People need to be aware of and think about what this might mean to them should their world collapse. Into Autumn will make you think.
3. How would you describe this novel in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this novel?
Eight months to write, edit and publish. Four and a half months marketing at this point.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What motivated you to write this novel?
I woke up one morning with a story in my head. I started typing and before I knew it, I had written 300 pages. Editing added another 100 pages.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My orchard, my garden, travel and living a secluded life in my swamp.
10. What influenced you to enter the Novel Festival?
Marketing! Failure the first time around. I know I’ve written a good story. I think many others will agree, and I want to get my story “out there”.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write with your heart, then edit, edit, edit…… Be patient, yet persistent. Not everyone will like what you write due to personal preference, and that is okay. Don’t be discouraged. All first drafts are crap…edit, edit, edit. Yes, I said that twice. It’s that important! And still, it will never be perfect, and that is okay too.
Producer/Director: Matthew Toffolo
Editor: John Johnson
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
1st CHAPTER and FULL NOVEL FESTIVAL: https://novelwritingfestival.com/