Performed by Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
My story is about believing or not, in Witches. Seven-year-old Katy, believes her Mom who says ‘Witches aren’t real’. Flix her younger brother definitely believes in all things scary. Especially when a real live evil witch knocks loudly on their door and Katy lets her in. The ugly Witch knows someone in the house doesn’t believe in witches and she intends to find out whom.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
The genre is fiction juvenile, ages 6-10 years
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
Invasively – scary.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
‘Blue Ain’t Your Color,’ Keith Urban
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Going Solo. Roald Dahl
7. What motivated you to write this story?
I saw the contest come up in my emails and I noted it closed in just few hours. So I quickly wrote this little story and sent it in. I didn’t edit it and I regret that. I have since done so, and it reads better now.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
Roald Dahl. Wilky Collins
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Writing is my greatest passion and has been nearly my whole life. I also enjoy, renovating houses, designing jewellery and creating wax art.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
I have wanted to enter a contest for a while, but usually I miss out due to time restraints. I was not about to let this opportunity pass.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Yes. Find out what makes you truly excited in life and follow that path. That is what you will excel at. If you don’t want to create a story more than anything else, simply don’t. You will be good at something and while you think you want to be an author you won’t find your true calling. Never let life get in the way of living your truth. Life is short and very precious, grab each moment and run with it. You will soon know where you want to be and it will probably surprise you when you find it!
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox