Watch the June 2016 Winning Short Story Reading
I Thought The Car Was Yellow by Eduardo G Diaz
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
The unexpected coincidences of life and in the end we are all in a French farce it seems.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
Humor, a la Curb your Enthusiasm style.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this story?
I wrote in an afternoon, I told it many times.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
The New Confessions by William Boyd
7. What motivated you to write this story?
My business partner and friend, Stacey, and the challenge to do it in 400 words or less.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
Leonardo da Vinci
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My family, they are a source of endless material.
10. What influenced you to enter the 1pg. Short Story contest?
My business partner and friend, Stacey, as I call her my sister from another mister.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write what you know about it always makes it more genuine then expand from there.
Director/Producer: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson