Performed by Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
The stories we tell ourselves to avoid hard thoughts.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
Women’s fiction maybe or even a parable
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Wizard of Oz
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Oh no favourites really. I like new and classic songs.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Picking a favourite is impossible. I love reading. If I finish a novel, that is my fave until the next one.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
I’m fascinated by the kind of self-talk we use to smooth over harsh things.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Gardening, permaculture, crafts, cats
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
Stories come alive when they are performed. I thought my story deserved that.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Keep at it. Don’t be afraid to accept criticism and revise, revise, revise.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox