Performed by Laura Kyswaty
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your novel about?
‘the CULL – Bloodline’ is the first book of a five-book series (all available) which presents a completely original take on vampire lore. No fangs or morphing into bats here; just adrenaline-pumping fury as two female Federal agents face the unimaginable!
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
‘Young Frankenstein’ – it never gets old.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Eric Clapton’s ‘Rolling Thunder’
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes stories
7. What motivated you to write this story?
A long story. I jokingly remarked to my cousin, a few years back, that my next novel should be a vampire tale a everyone else was doing this. I was immediately asked if her young daughter could be in it. Hoisted by my own petard, at least I thought I’d make it fresh and original. Subsequent research showed that almost everything we think we know about vampires is wrong – even to the extent that ‘Dracula’ was based on Vlad Tepes, the Transilvanian prince. ‘the CULL’ series is firmly planted in the technological 21st Century but captures the horror of the original vampire novels.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would
The late British author, John Gardner, a master of thrillers.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
I’m always interested in exploring new avenues to showcase my work.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
The key is Patience and Perserverance. Then more Patience and Perserverance. Good old hard work.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox