Get to know the writer:
1. What is your novel about?
My novel is about a teen going on a road trip with his grandfather who, the teen doesn’t realize is going to pass away. So he wants his grandson to come to terms with a few things before he goes. (SPOILER lol)
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
This book is suited to all genres because I write ‘clean’. Which means I don’t have any swears, no sex, no violence…I write what everyone can read and enjoy. To categorize, it would be young adult or older teen readers. But all will enjoy, I hope.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The Sound of Music.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Blackbird by the Beatles.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
This is a hard question because I have so many books I love (you should see my book shelves). I’d have to say that the book that most touched me was Maya Angelou’s book, Letter to My Daughter. But I’m always up for a Stephen King novel.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
I always write stories that include family lessons, grandparents, a special need of some kind and focused on a teen dealing with it. I just find it so important to have a young person teaching from their perspective to help other young people. I wish I had that.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would
Wow. Well, I was, and am, a huge John Lennon fan. That would be interesting. I also adore Betty White.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My four Children.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
I believe that the message that is given in this story is one that everyone can take home with them. It’s all about life lessons, learning, love and figuring out your place in this world. I hope all can take that with them.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Never give up. If your dream is to be a writer, follow it. If I’d listened to people many years ago, I wouldn’t be here today.
Watch. Record mentally. Internalize to your understanding, then write.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox