Watch the July 2016 Winning Short Screenplay Reading.
Story performed by actor Julian Ford
LEFT ON LUNDY by James R Cavell
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
My story is a personal reflection of a long hidden memory that resurfaced after decades of reflection.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this story?
This story emerged during a five year project of writing the novel.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
“The Jungle,” by Upton Sinclair, Jr.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
During the writing of the book, “Left on Lundy,” this emerged as the reflections emerged.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am a family man that is absorbed in improving the outlook of the world one word at a time through community service and nurturing my adult children to improve themselves by improving everything around them.
10. What influenced you to enter the 1pg. Short Story contest?
I have written and published novels as an author and ghostwriter, but the challenge of telling a meaningful story in just 400 words to a quest
I could not ignore.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
No great verse was ever scribed by a still pen.