Watch the July 2016 Winning Short Screenplay Reading.
Story performed by actor Val Cole
Galicia’s Granite by Janice Tindle
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
It’s about the start of a young immigrant girls life in America and how even though she could not read or write English, she didn’t left that hold her back. She used the skills, gifts and talents she had within her to begin fulfilling her dreams.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this story?
It’s actually a fictional twist on the biography I’m writing about my great grandmother that is not yet unfinished.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
A Soldier Of The Great War by Mark Helprin
7. What motivated you to write this story?
It was just for my own pleasure.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
Artist is a broad term. Living or dead?
Dead: Robin Williams
Living: Barbra Streisand
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
God and Prayer.
Decorating, faux painting, collecting vintage things, raising awareness about brain injury, chronic pain/ invisible illness and Dystonia.
10. What influenced you to enter the 1pg. Short Story contest?
I saw it advertised and thought it would be exciting to have my short story performed, which it is!!!
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Remember that after you’re dead, what you write will live on forever, so leave something good behind. Be impactful. Be honest. Be concise