Watch the July 2016 Winning Short Screenplay Reading.
Story performed by actor Val Cole
Despite Dementia by Janet Bennett Cox
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
It is about a demented mother and her daughter’s conflict at her demise.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Sound of Music/Ben Hur. (Hard choice)
5. How long have you been working on this story?
Wrote it in less than 2 hours after I saw the posting.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What motivated you to write this story?
My Mom has dementia and its a pain being the caregiver but I know it will be sad when she is no longer here.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Getting my 4 month old grandson to lol.
10. What influenced you to enter the 1pg. Short Story contest?
Thought it a challenge to see if I could write to the specific guideline.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Like Nike, Just do it.