Watch the May 2016 Winning Novel Transcript Reading
Watch TJ’S LAST SUMMER IN CAPE COD
Transcript reading performed by actor Sean Kaufman
Get to know writer Garfield Whyte:
1. What is your novel about?
TJ (Taj James) an 18 year old high school basketball star wants to make this summer his best ever, before he leaves to take up his college basketball scholarship, but he needs help. So, he rolls the dice and calls on his 55 year old Uncle Peter, a womanizer par excellence, to help him with those plans. TJ has secrets for Uncle Peter so TJ was very sure his uncle would do anything for him, as his uncle’s promises seemed more sacred than wedding vows. As summer rolled along TJ is forced to make decisions whether to be a good boy or to practice some of the lessons his uncle is teaching him. Was it worth it when summer ended? That will depend on whose side you are on.
TJ’s Last Summer in Cape Cod is; bold, provocative, rude, sexy, suspenseful, unpredictable and witty. You will want to be 18 again.
2. Why should this novel be read by people?
It’s a fun novel that will make you want to be 18 again
3. How would you describe this novel in two words?
Entertaining and unpredictable
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this novel?
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
The Sands of Time by Sidney Sheldon
7. What motivated you to write this novel?
I felt that all my life i have been reading books by other authors, so it was time to write a book of my own.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Environmental Photography as is evidenced by my environmental photography and poetry book titled: Feelings
10. What influenced you to enter the Novel Festival?
I wanted the exposure which i am grateful for.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Stop procrastinating just write and write and write, never be distracted