Watch THE SISTER’S STORY:
Get to know writer D.L. Gardner:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
Two orphaned sisters in the early 1900s find their purposes in life.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this story?
This story only took an evening to write.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
*Universal Mirror by Gwen Perkins.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
*I wrote this story about three months ago as an introduction to the characters in my novel Cassandra’s Castle.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I love nature, the mountains on a warm summer’s day, the coast on foggy evenings, the desert on a starry night, and the river early in the morning when the fish are biting. I also love to paint in oils, and to listen to music.
10. What influenced you to enter the 1pg. Short Story contest?
I thought it was time to get my work out in front of new eyes, find new readers.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Study the craft of writing. Learn all you can and then more and read!