Submit your Novel to the Festival Today: http://novelwritingfestival.com
BUY Novel “Bader Field” Online: http://www.amazon.com/Bader-Field-Carl-David/dp/1933449667
Watch Chapter 9 Reading of the Novel:
Novel transcript reading performed by actor Jason Martorino
Get to know writer Carl David:
1. What is your novel about?
An idyllic American family of the 1960’s who endures the suicide of one of their children and how they struggle on their difficult journey back to life.
2. Why should this novel be read by people?
Because it will show how people can survive tragedy against all odds when darkness prevails. It will inspire.
3. How would you describe this novel in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Field Of Dreams
5. How long have you been working on this novel?
Decades, at times it was too painful and I’d need to distance myself from it. But I never gave up; everything in its own time. If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What motivated you to write this novel?
I needed to reach out and do something with my darkest days to benefit others. Having lived through such a horrific trauma (my brother’s suicide) I felt this mission path develop that I needed to follow. If I didn’t pursue it, then I would have wasted an opportunity to pay it forward. I knew it would help others who have walked a similar path and as well possibly encourage someone on that edge of desperation to realize that they are not alone, that there is help for them and that they are loved and then choose to live, not die.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
Vincent Van Gogh; just to feel his energy. His work was genius and so emotionally charged, you can’t walk away from it with being affected by it.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My Family, Art Dealing, Photography, Writing & Playing Music, Flying, Healing, Animals, Vivid sunsets and life in general.
10. What influenced you to enter the Novel Festival?
Thought it a good way to expand the scope of my work. A lost opportunity is just that……
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Never quit. There will be times when the emotional pressure or resistance is overwhelming. Take a break and then come back to it with a fresh eye,. If what you have to say is important to you, then stay with it regardless of the rejections you encounter. Those who dismiss you are missing an opportunity. There will be someone who will “see” your wok and the potential.