Watch the July 2016 Winning Short Story Reading.
Heavy Sexting by Amy Arrow
Short Story performed by Marsha Mason
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
Heavy Sexting explores the art of flirting in a digital world, generation to generation, the physical and the visual, touch vs. text.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The Wizard of Oz
5. How long have you been working on this story?
Wrote it in an afternoon, after the amusing title popped into my head.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins
7. What motivated you to write this story?
.Concept came from trying to understand dating in a digital world, after divorce, over the last 5 years. And particularly the idea of text buddies or boyfriends who cannot or will not connect on the physical plane.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Singing/Acting/Dancing, Filmmaking, Listening/Helping
10. What influenced you to enter the 1pg. Short Story contest?
A friend suggested it as I enjoy writing and I have not had an outlet for many years.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Trust what appears spontaneously, it’s what speaks to you, record the concepts, to remember them, then craft the elegant sentences; read, reread, restrict.