Voice Over: Val Cole
Visual Design & Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Produced by Matthew Toffolo
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
A: It is a small piece of my first novel of my developing Vampire series called “The Ancient Chronicles. My first book is, which serves as an introductory book to this dark universe is called, “The Newborn”. This short story takes place in the 18th century Pennsylvania. When the protagonist, Leonardo first encounters the seductive, and reckless Vampire Boris. Who takes his mortal life, and later gives him an immortal life.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
A: Fantasy, thriller, possibly horror.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
A: Legendary, classic
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
A: I have four movies that I like to watch often. “Passion of the Christ”, “What Dreams May Come”, “Lord of the Rings, “Interview with the Vampire”.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
A: I like to listen a lot of epic music from Audiomachine on YouTube.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
A: Bram Stocker’s “Dracula”.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
A: Watching, and growing up with a lot of classic Vampire movies. Especially, Author Anne Rice. She has been one of my personal influences in writing my own vampire universe. Also, the people who wanted the classic dark vampires back for quite some time now. The people who love this genre motivated me to write this story. Giving them what they want.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
A: Author Anne Rice. To learn more from her literary ways of storytelling.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
A: Visual Development, and Illustration. Character designs, and environment design for animation. My artworks can be found in my website at http://www.ulti-animation.space. For my book’s website however, it is http://www.theancientchronicles.com
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
A: I always wanted actors to one day perform my stories, so I heard about you guys and took the opportunity. I was blown away when I finally heard the amazing VO performance by Val Cole! Thank you so much for that!
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
A: Don’t stop. Keep writing. One day your words will inspire many other future writers in later generations to come. Be a “game changer”.