Performed by Katelyn Varadi
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
We’re constantly surrounded by the news, but we try to shut our eyes and our ears. What if we opened them and found a quiet scene, where an old man sits outside, watching a line of people getting on a bus? What if he were to turn toward us, trying to meet our gaze and tell us his story? Would he be heard, and would we finally see what is really going on outside of our lives?
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
I have been watching movies since I was a kid. I especially used to love watching Horror and Science-Fiction, but these days, I seem drawn to movies such as The Show, Disconnect and Before We Go.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I love Music, and one of my all-time favorites is U2. I can’t get enough of their song, “The Troubles” off their album, Songs of Innocence.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What motivated you to write this story?
I was having lunch with my family one day, thinking over the news from last night and listening to my family talk politics and sports. Then, suddenly, I realized that someone was talking to me. It was the voice of that old man sitting outside, waiting to go on that bus.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
Chris Evans. He did an impressive job with his movie, “Before We Go.”
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Photography, and some of my photographs have found home on Fine Art America.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
The actors in WildSound have an incredible talent, truly delivering on the characters and stories that they are given.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
We find comfort in fiction, creating new worlds and intriguing characters, but we need to remember to pull our head out of the clouds and look around.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox