Performed by Laura Kyswaty
Kim Montgomery – Author of ‘Curly and Tubs and the Galloping Rot’
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your novel about?
Two young brothers own a set of encyclopaedias. The two boys are transported into volume 5, Nature, to do battle with a rot that is rapidly threatening to destroy the entire land.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
Children’s fiction, fantasy
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Voluntarily, The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies. Statistically, Finding Nemo. It was my daveson’s favourite for a long time. Explanation of daveson: He is my step grandson. He has two biological grandfathers, so I had to find something else for him to call me. After a lifetime of the trauma of being a male called Kim, I chose Dave.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
San Francisco by Scott McKenzie.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Lord of the Rings
7. What motivated you to write this story?
Childhood memories from growing up in Southern England during the 1950s and 60s.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
My sixteen year old self.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Cooking, gardening, walking, geocaching.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
To help gain exposure, and because I believe it has potential to be converted into a screenplay.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Be prepared for the hard bit after you’ve written your story. Marketing and promotion are ten times more difficult than writing.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox