Watch the July 2016 Winning Short Screenplay Reading.
Story performed by actor Julian Ford
TEARS OF JOY by I E Hughes
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
“Tears of Joy” recalls my experience as a plebe member of the victorious 1995 Army Football team following the 96th Army Navy Game.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Hal Hartley’s “Henry Fool”.
5. How long have you been working on this story?
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
The Monkey Wrench Gang, written by author Edward Abbey.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
Reading Pat Conroy’s memoir, My Losing Season.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. What influenced you to enter the 1pg. Short Story contest?
My desire to write for a living.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Rise above the herd to be heard.