Watch the Poetry Performance Reading of UNDONE:
Poetry performed by actor Geoff Mays
Get to know poet Ruth Garnes:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme of my poem is to display strength and resilience in women.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch
your poetry reading?
I want them to recognize that we all have challenges but winners persevere.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I started writing poetry about 22 years ago. I relocated a month after marrying and as a way to cope with my friends and family being 2 thousand miles away, I started writing poetry to cope with the loss.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
I admire the accomplishments of Ntozake shange but my favorite poem is “little Lamb” by William Blake. I admire many poets
5) What influenced you to submit…
View original post 116 more words