Performed by Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
It’s about one hundred words. Well, not about: it’s one hundred words exactly.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
‘Psycho Ward Saloon’. A cult classic without the creepy sycophancy of cults.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
‘(I’m A) Chew Toy In The Jaws Of Despair’ aka ‘The Love Theme From Psycho Ward Saloon’. If Colt Ramen’s mournful yodel after the final verse doesn’t bring you to tears, there is just no hope for you.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Do songs by Tom Waits count as audiobooks?
7. What motivated you to write this story?
An annual literary competition in the local newspaper. It took the cake. Now we have frosting. A scoop of ice cream and I’ll be all set.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
I’ll let you know once my dad gets his results back from ancestry.com.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Defying long odds.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
See: Defying long odds.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
That sounds like the makings of an exciting, high-priced webinar.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Coxhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHu2MglG8RU