Watch Chapter 2 of LARGE IS THE SMALLEST WE GOT:
Get to know writer Jed Hamilton:
1. What is your novel about?
An unlikely mix of people, thrown together by the LA Earthquake, 1994.
A story of love lost and found…
A story of greed and corruption. ….
A story about a phoney ghost-hunter show… and a dog that looks like a panda.
2. Why should this novel be read by people?
Some people who have read it tell me they go on thinking about it, and even re-read it. It is (ultimately) a very moving tale.
The opening comedy is deceptive
3. How would you describe this novel in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
A toss between ‘His Girl Friday’ or ‘The Producers’
5. How long have you been working on this novel?
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Bleak House – no contest.
7. What motivated you to write this novel?
Living in LA for 10 years
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
Matt Stone or Trey Parker . If they don’t count as artists, David Hockney
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Playing the piano – and composing. I’ve scored a few movies.
10. What influenced you to enter the Novel Festival?
Having parts of my book read by actors
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write, write and write
Don’t re-write until you’ve finished the book, or you get bogged down.
Submit your Novel to the Festival. Three ways to submit: https://novelwritingfestival.com/