Submit your Novel to the Festival Today: http://novelwritingfestival.com
Watch Chapter 1 Transcript Reading of LIQUID DIAMOND:
Novel performed by actor Jason Martorino
Get to know writer Sebastien Blue:
1. What is your novel about?
Liquid diamond is a fantasy novel about a ten year old Russian girl named Natalia who finds herself pulled into another dimension through a liquid diamond portal, taken prisoner by a krusnik/human child (dark angle) and accused of stealing the crystals and diamond ring that held closed the path between earth and kyopelivuori.
2. Why should this nove be read by people?
Liquid Diamond is based on European mythology and folklore and holds educational material in its pages and blends well with its western counterparts, (ie) Bassajaunak=bigfoot however in Europe this creature was a animal herdsmen plus other educational aspects.
3. How would you describe this novel in two words?
Gross and dark.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this novel?
I wrote liquid diamond in 8 months however I’ve been pushing it for 2 years on top of that.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Frankenstein was always my favorite read in middle school.
7. What motivated you to write this novel?
Natalia Cherkasskaya is a real girl I once knew and I wrote liquid diamond based on her personality to honor her character.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
I’d love to have dinner with Eva Green
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. What influenced you to enter the Novel Festival?
Open opportunity, I’d rather try and fail than not try and fail, besides the only real failure is not trying.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Walter Disney failed 302 times pitching his theme park idea and look where that got him , JK Rowling failed for years pushing Potter…i guess what I’m trying to say is don’t give up.